UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. E. H. Kraus Natural Science Bldg. Construction. no. 179
Photographer / Artist
Lyndon Photo (Ann Arbor)
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Irwin & Leighton, contractors. Constructed between 1914-1915. Situated on the south side of North University Avenue on the site of the old Homeopathic Medical School. Building named for Edward H. Kraus and originally housed the departments of Botany, Geology, Mineralogy, Zoology, Psychology and the School of Natural Resources.
Image shows forms for first floor, looking south. One of series of construction photos probably taken by Lyndon for contractor and given to UM Building & Grounds. Image mounted on linen.
On image: "Science Bldg., Ann Arbor. Aug 11, 1914. Irwin + Leighton."
Man looking at print-out in computer room, another in profile at back
Information Technology Division (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Information Technology Division.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Computing Center, Miscellaneous views
First established in 1959 as part of the Statistical and Computing Laboratory of the Graduate School, and after July 1, 1959 as an independent center within the Horace Rackham School of Graduate Studies. The Computing Center's first facility was located in remodeled space in the North University Building at 1205 North University Avenue. The Center moved to a new facility designed by architect Tarapata, MacMahon & Paulson on North Campus in 1971.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Alumni Memorial Hall (Museum of Art). no. 137
Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949. The Museum of Art moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit.
Augusta Township (Mich.) residences and business, ca. 1874
Combination atlas map of Washtenaw County, Michigan
Folder / Container / Volume
MH 4 W319 1874 E93, p. 104
Left to right: Res. of Addison Osborn, Sec. 32, Augusta Tp. Mich.; Res. of Hiram McCarty, Sec. 9, Augusta Tp. Mich.; Res. & saw mill of Geo. Moffit, Sec. 28, Augusta Tp. Mich.; Res. of Mrs. W.M. McGraw, Stony Creek P.O., Augusta Tp. Mich.; Res. of J.B. Olcott, Sec. 7, Augusta Tp. Mich.; Res. of Peter Dansingburg, Sec. 18, Augusta Tp. Mich. Publication information: Chicago, Ill. : Everts & Stewart, 1874.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.