UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, Exterior views. no. 214
Cornerstone laid May 26, 1888; dedicated June 1891. Gift of Helen H. Newberry of Detroit as headquarters of Students' Christian Association. Leased by U-M as classroom in 1921; gift to U-M from SCA in 1937. Adapted as museum in 1928, named the Francis W. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology in 1953. Several people in image.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Regents purchased south ten acres for $3000 in 1890. In 1902 UM received seven acres of land to the north from Dexter M. Ferry; became Ferry Field. In 1904 brick wall constructed on three sides and in 1906 gate and ticket office at northeast corner added (gift of Mr. Ferry). Wooden stands to accommodate 400 put up in 1893; burned in 1895. Rebuilt to seat 800 with later additions to facilties. By 1914, 13,600 accommodated. New stadium built in 1927.On image: Printed in Germany
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: Folder: team photos, 1905
[L-R: std. mngr. Walter Becker, Fred Norcross, Denny Clark, Ted Stuart, William Embs, Henry Schulte, Frank Longman, Germany Schulz, coach Fielding Yost, John Garrels, Tom Hammond, John Curtis, Harry Hammond, Hal Weeks, Walter Graham, Alfred Barlow, trainer Keene Fitzpatrick]