Building of the Burton Memorial Tower, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. no. 146
Photographer / Artist
Donald E. Beebee
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Dedicated on December 4, 1936. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
Photographer : Donald E. Beebee, student of Journalism, 1937 graduate. Donor # 3692.