Hutchins Hall Construction, excavation along State St., 1931
Ivory Photo photograph collection
Ivory Photo (Firm)
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Photographer / Artist
Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Hutchins Hall was completed in 1933, the fourth of four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. Located on the northeast corner of Monroe and State Streets. Named for Harry B. Hutchins, Law School Dean from 1895-1910 and University President from 1909-1920. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and the Legal Research Building, 1931. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.