Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
On verso: "Located in the cultural center of the campus, The Michigan League is a center for educational, cultural and social events, with hotel accommodations, dining and conference rooms as well as many other services."
UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), exterior views. no. 246
H. D. Davenport in consultation with Irving K. Pond, architects. In 1936, construction was started on an addition to the Michigan Union building. The addition was built parallel to the main structure and provided space for the University Club as well as additional guest rooms.
Image shows view of the construction site from the southwest.
UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Helen Newberry Residence. no. 202
Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. G. E. Christman Co., contractor. The building was completed in 1914 and remodeled in 1934. It was the first dormitory for women on the University of Michigan campus. Building funds donated by Truman H. Newberry, John S. Newberry, and Mrs. Henry Newberry Joy in memory of their mother, Helen Handy.