UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. no. 147
Photographer / Artist
LINR Camera Shop (Lansing, Mich.)
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Tower dedicated on December 4, 1936. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.