UBImus D13. Folder: Medical Building (built 1850) Views from East, Northeast, and Southeast. no. 236
First medical building, built 1850, addition in 1864, used until West Medical was completed in 1903. Fire in 1911 destroyed west half, remainder, including portico, razed in 1914. View from the Southeast. Note on verso: Old Medical Bldg - 1850? Larger Wing at rear built some years later.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Couzens and Mosher Jordan residence halls bordering Palmer Field, November 1930
Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Built in 1925 and originally called the Central Residence for Nurses. In 1931, the name was changed to Couzens Hall. In 1956, an addition to the east end of the building was completed by R. A. Calder.