UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; Interiors. Auditorium and Frieze Memorial Organ. no. 306
Jenison, Edward S., architect. University Hall was built in 1872; the auditorium completed in 1873. Prior to this time there was no place on campus where students and faculty could assemble. New opera seats were put in during Christmas 1896 at the same time the new dome was installed.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Michigan Stadium Construction, early excavation, 1926
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Box / Drawer
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.