Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Built in 1925 and originally called the Central Residence for Nurses. In 1931, the name was changed to Couzens Hall. In 1956, an addition to the east end of the building was completed by R. A. Calder.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. E. H. Kraus Natural Science Bldg. Construction. no. 179
Photographer / Artist
Lyndon Photo (Ann Arbor)
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Irwin & Leighton, contractors. Constructed between 1914-1915. Situated on the south side of North University Avenue on the site of the old Homeopathic Medical School. Building named for Edward H. Kraus and originally housed the departments of Botany, Geology, Mineralogy, Zoology, Psychology and the School of Natural Resources.
Image shows first floor, looking northwest. One of series of construction photos taken by Lyndon for contractor and given to UM Building & Grounds. Image mounted on linen.
On image: "Science Bldg., Ann Arbor. Aug 29, 1914. Irwin + Leighton."