UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan League and Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre, Interior and Exterior Views. no. 242
Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Hill Auditorium. no. 204
Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: #1548 fr. 17
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
L-R: Bob Wagner, Ray Timm, Jim DeBoo, Ed Howard, Chuck Froeming, Mike Sasich, Dave Jacobs, Free Rodney, Tim Wright, George Huntzicker, Dick Richards, Rick McCurdy, Ron Rapper, Mike Gluck, Murray Plotkin, captain Rich Kenney, kneeling coach Newt Loken, missing: Sid Jensen