UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Legal Research Building. no. 220
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The William W. Cook Legal Research Building (also known as the Legal Research Library or Law Library) was completed in 1931, the third of the four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. In 1955, the original six level stackroom was increased to ten levels. The underground Allan F. and Alene Smith Law Library Addition designed by Gunnar Birkerts Associates was completed in 1981. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
Part of the J.A. staff, Base K, APO 72, Leyte, Philippine Islands
Ira W. Butterfield (1915-1995) papers
Butterfield, Ira William, 1915-
Box / Drawer
On verso: Left to rt: (all lawyers) Capt. Jefferson E. Kuntz --Texas; 1st Lt. Joseph N. Birch II -- Mich; 2nd Lt., Ira W. Butterfield -- Mich.; 1st Lt. Charles Fogle. "The offfice buildings with the grass skirts."