Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Dormitories, Mosher- Jordan, Interiors
Photographer / Artist
A.F. Crooks, Commercial Photographer, Flint, MI
Malcolmson & Higginbotham with Alexander L. Trout ('05, '10e), architects. Mosher-Jordan Halls, the first large women's dormitory at the University of Michigan, was completed in the summer of 1930. The residence consists of two separate halls with a shared kitchen. The building was named in honor of the first two deans of women, Eliza M. Mosher and Myra B. Jordan. The halls were renovated and a new dining center was added in 2008 by the architectural firm Goody Clancy & Associates.
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.