UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, Exterior views. no. 214
Cornerstone laid May 26, 1888; dedicated June 1891. Gift of Helen H. Newberry of Detroit as headquarters of Students' Christian Association. Leased by U-M as classroom in 1921; gift to U-M from SCA in 1937. Adapted as museum in 1928, named the Francis W. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology in 1953.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
In 1906 intercollegiate activities shifted to north part of Ferry Field. Baseball diamond moved north to present site of Yost Field House. In 1923 with erection of Yost Field House baseball diamond moved west to its present location. In 1914 wooden stands from south side of football moved to diamond.