UM Exhibit Museum building nearing completion [Sturgis 4433 - AA-788]
Sam Sturgis photograph collection
Sturgis, Sam, collector
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Opened in 1928 and originally called the University Museums Building, which housed four museums: Museum of Anthropological Archaeology, Museum of Paleontology, Museum of Zoology, and University Herbarium. Later housed the Museum of Natural History, which was officially created in 1956. Renamed the Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building in 1968.