Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Hill Auditorium. no. 204
Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Samuel Trask Dana Natural Resources Bldg. no. 278
Spier & Rohns, architect. Cornerstone laid on October 15, 1901; building occupied in 1903. Originally West Medical Building; became Samuel Trask Dana Building. Also known as Natural Resources Building. On verso: Med School II; Med West
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Alexander G. Ruthven Building. no. 134
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Puma sculpture by Carleton Watson Angell, 1940; black terrazzo. Building opened in 1928 and originally called the University Museums Building, which housed four museums: Museum of Anthropological Archaeology, Museum of Paleontology, Museum of Zoology, and University Herbarium. Later housed the Museum of Natural History, which was officially created in 1956. Renamed the Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building in 1968.