Frieze Building (including Carnegie library building), corner of State and Huron Streets, February 1958
Ivory Photo photograph collection
Ivory Photo (Firm)
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
21889-2 Frieze building (Speech) looking SE - 18:126
Malcolmson & Higginbotham, architecture firm. The Ann Arbor High School was built in 1905 and purchased by the University of Michigan in 1956, when it was renamed the Henry S. Frieze Building. Demolished in 2007 and replaced by North Quadrangle with the original facing preserved.
Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, architecture firm. Construction completed in 1910. Originally occupied by the Chemistry Department and College of Pharmacy. In 1949, Louis Kingscott and Associates designed an addition which nearly doubled the total floor space.