When this image was taken this building was a hospital. Built 1840. Professors' Houses (East Residence) 1840-1868. University Hospital 1868-1891. Additions in 1877 and after in the form of two parallel wings built out from back of house and several additions onto them. Dental College 1891-1908. Building removed 1908. Replaced by new Chemistry Building 1910
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.