Back Row (standing): assistant coach William Cole, assistant coach John Bennett, Everett Bentley, Royce Traphagen, John Lyons, Efton James, Leland Benton, Emil Tessin, Cyril Quinn, Frank McHale, trainer Steve Farrell, Harry Meade, assistant coach Adolph Schulz, assistant coach Curtis Redden
Middle Row: head coach Fielding Yost, Ernest Hughitt, James Musser, Jim Craig, Roy Torbet, captain George Paterson, Miller Pontius, Ernest Allmendinger, James Raynsford, Thomas Bushnell
Front Row: Clyde Bastian, William Cochran, James Catlett, Robert Watson, Martin Galt, Henry LIghtner
3 men in suits on construction site of the University Museums building, 11 June 1927
Museum of Zoology (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Museum of Zoology.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Small Photographs Album, M.L. Winslow, Staff Photographer
Photographer / Artist
M.L. Winslow, Staff Photographer
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Opened in 1928 and originally called the University Museums Building, which housed four museums: Museum of Anthropological Archaeology, Museum of Paleontology, Museum of Zoology, and University Herbarium. Later housed the Museum of Natural History, which was officially created in 1956. Renamed the Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building in 1968.
350 S. Fifth Ave. Built at a cost of $1,700,000, this is the second building in the nation to be built by a completely unified YM-YWCA. Facilities include Men's & Women's Residence, Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Club Rooms and provisions for banquets.