Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
Box / Drawer
20 Ser. B.
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: #5346, fr. 1
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Front Row: Kurt Zimmerman, Dan Disher, Mike Watters., Scott Kamieniecki, Randy Wolfe, Ken Hayward, C.J. Beshke, Jeff Minick, Barry Larkin, Casey Close, Chris Gust.
Middle Row: Assistant Coach John Young, Assistant Coach Danny Hall, Paul Wenson, Greg Everson, Hal Morris, Kevin Gilles, Jim Agemy, Jerry Wolf, Jeff Kiel, John Grettenberger, Derek Kerr, Eric Sanders, Head Coach Bud Middaugh.
Back Row: Equipment Manager Jim Neidert, Student Manager Jonathan Fleisig, Mike Ignasiak, Dave Karasinski, Steve Finken, Eddie Woolwine, Rob Huffman, Matt Siuda, Trainer Rex Thompson, Student Trainer John McKinney.