Design for park. Oak Park Commission ... Planting plan. Oak Park, Illinois.
Jens Jensen drawings and papers
Jensen, Jens, 1860-1951.
Box / Drawer
Ink on linen; location, type, amount of plantings; baseball diamond, tennis courts, seats for area bounded by Ridgeland, Division and Elmwood; signed. 91x83 cm. Scale: 1"=20' [from photographic copy by Lance Burgharrdt]
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The William W. Cook Legal Research Building (also known as the Legal Research Library or Law Library) was completed in 1931, the third of the four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. In 1955, the original six level stackroom was increased to ten levels. The underground Allan F. and Alene Smith Law Library Addition designed by Gunnar Birkerts Associates was completed in 1981. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.