UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Horace H. Rackham Educational Memorial Building (Detroit), interiors. no. 207
Harley & Ellington, architects. W.E. Wood Co., contractor. Built from July 1940 to January 1942. Built jointly for the Engineering Society of Detroit and the University as an Extension Service facility in Detroit. Funded by the Horace H. and Mary A. Rackham Fund. Sculptures on exterior by Marshall Fredericks.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Statuary, monuments, etc. Class boulders and trees (including Oak) no. 287
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Tree before 1858; boulder ca. 1883; bronze plaque 1904. In spring of 1858 the Class of 1858 named this oak (growing near center of campus) the Tappan Oak as a tribute to then Pres. Henry P. Tappan). Stone was given by the "Tappan Boys" (class of 58) and placed ca. 1883.