Two images. First image shows the view from Mt. Suribachi, looking down on the southeastern beaches with a ship near the shore. Caption; "From atop Mt. Suribachi looking down southeastern beaches." Second image is an aerial view that shows a base of operations on the western beaches, with a large number of vehicles and material surrounded by a road and a cargo ship approaching the shore. Caption; "Unloading on the western beaches."
Jordan & Anderson, architecture firm. The Law Building was built in 1863 on the corner of State Street and North University Avenue. In 1863 it was occupied by the Law School, the University Chapel (until 1873) and the General Library (until 1883). Renovated and enlarged in 1893 and then again in 1898 by architects Spier and Rohn of Detroit, Michigan who removed the tower and added a new south wing. Renamed Haven Hall in 1933 when the Law School moved to Hutchins Hall in the Law Quadrangle. Haven Hall then became one of the major buildings of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, with space given to the Departments of History, Sociology, Journalism, and the Bureau of Government and its library collection. Extension Division also had offices in Haven Hall. The building was destroyed by fire in 1950.