IMB (Irvine, Michigan, Brookline), a collaboration between the University of Michigan, the University of California at Irvine, and the U.S. Department of Energy, was an experiment designed to determine the ultimate stability of matter. IMB construction image. Entrance barrier formed from wooden beams, backed by salt on other side.
University of Michigan students and a dog outside the Dental School building on South University Avenue
Washtenaw County Historical Society records
Washtenaw County Historical Society.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
University of Michigan, Stereocards
Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. Construction began in 1906 and was completed in 1908. An addition to the north side (rear) of the building was built from 1922-1923. The building, which faced North University Avenue, was removed in 1970 to facilitate construction of a new Dental School Building.
Clear view of building and northward. Old St. Joseph hospital visible mid background. No. 13 of chronological series of construction photographs, numbered 1 to 32. Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, architects. W.B. Wood Co., construction