Back Row: Ray Roberts (trainer), Earl Martineau (Backfield coach), Cecil Freihofer, Jack Weisenburger, Dick Rifenburg, Quentin Sickels, Jerry Brielmaier, Warren Bentz, Benny Oosterbaan (End Coach), Clarence Munn (Line coach)
3rd Row: Henry Hatch (Custodian of Equipment), Tom Peterson, Harold Watts, John Lintol, George Burg, Tom Swift, Roger Chiaverini, Eugene Derricotte, Rawland Sylvester (Manager)
2nd Row: Ed Grier, Charles Wahl, John Weyers, Bill Culligan, Art LeRoux, Howard Yerges, Howard Mehaffey, Ralph Chubb
Front Row: Milan Lazetich, Bruce Hilkene, Joe Ponsetto, Fritz Crisler (Coach), Don Lund, Art Renner, Clem Bauman
Fans walking along east concourse at Michigan Stadium, UM Football, homecoming vs Illinois 1930
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: Michigan Stadium aerials and miscellaneous, 3
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.