1917 football squad posed on steps of Club House / Administration building.
Back Row: Chester Morrison, ?, Angus Goetz, Harold Cherry, ?, Abraham Cohn, ?, Nelson Eddy, Frank Ward Culver, ?
Third Row: ?, Archie Weston, Oscar Cartwright, Skinner, trainer Harold Tuthill
Second Row: ?, J .Orton Goodsell, William Fortune, ?, Alan W. Boyd, Tad Wieman, Clifford Sparks
Front Row: Fred Hendershott, others unidentified
Others on team bur not identified in this picture:Charles Booth, Lee Bonar, William Cruse, Harold Froemke, Thomas Garrett, Lowell Genebach, Joseph Hanzlik, Oscar Lambert, L.O. Lindstom, Harold Rye, Richard F. Weske
Detroit Observatory (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Detroit Observatory.
Folder / Container / Volume
Stephen Graham slides
Photographer / Artist
Richard Harrison Bull, architect. Building completed in the summer of 1854. Residence wing for the director added in 1868, expanded in 1905-1906, and finally removed to facilitate the enlargement of Couzens Hall in 1954. East wing, with a larger dome and a more powerful telescope, begun in 1908 and completed in 1909; torn down in 1976. Named "The Detroit Observatory of the University of Michigan" until 1931 when it was changed to "The Observatory of the University of Michigan." In 1999, the name was officially changed to "The University of Michigan Detroit Observatory."
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Michigan Union (Thomas M. Cooley House) no. 245
The residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley became the first home for the Michigan Union. The house was renovated in 1906-1907, opened for student use in 1907, and in 1912 an addition was built. In 1916, the original house was razed to make room for a new Michigan Union building, which opened in 1919. The 1912 addition was moved to the north and used as a ballroom for a time.