NOK-2: First Floor Plan, Northmoor County Club, sheet 3
Jens Jensen drawings and papers
Jensen, Jens, 1860-1951.
Box / Drawer
Dr. 56, folder 68
Folder / Container / Volume
NOK - Northmoor Country Club
Photographer / Artist
Lance Burghardt, Ann Arbor, MI
Digital image created by Lance Burghardt. Note that he provided 3 different digital files - a TIF, a JPG, and a RAW (Nikon) file. These 3 files share the same housescan number but are distinguished by the suffix 1of3, 2of3, or 3of3.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. E. H. Kraus Natural Science Bldg. Construction. no. 179
Photographer / Artist
Lyndon Photo (Ann Arbor)
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Irwin & Leighton, contractors. Constructed between 1914-1915. Situated on the south side of North University Avenue on the site of the old Homeopathic Medical School. Building named for Edward H. Kraus and originally housed the departments of Botany, Geology, Mineralogy, Zoology, Psychology and the School of Natural Resources.
Image shows north facade. One of series of construction photos taken by Lyndon for contractor and given to UM Building & Grounds. Image mounted on linen.
On image: "Science Bldg., Ann Arbor. Nov. 18, 1914. Irwin + Leighton."
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. North Hall. no. 254
Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in the building on the left until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building. The building to the right was located south of the Homeopathic Hospital where N. University runs into the University Museums. It was used as a Nurses Home, 1899-1900, for the Homeopathic Hospital administration, 1900-1922; and as the Interns Home, 1922-1929.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.