Portraits (incl. that of Governor Mason) hung in Alumni Memorial Hall gallery
Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Alumni Memorial Hall, Interiors
Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949. The Museum of Art moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. E. H. Kraus Natural Science Bldg. Construction. no. 179
Photographer / Artist
Lyndon Photo (Ann Arbor)
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Irwin & Leighton, contractors. Constructed between 1914-1915. Situated on the south side of North University Avenue on the site of the old Homeopathic Medical School. Building named for Edward H. Kraus and originally housed the departments of Botany, Geology, Mineralogy, Zoology, Psychology and the School of Natural Resources.
Image shows forms for first floor, looking south. One of series of construction photos probably taken by Lyndon for contractor and given to UM Building & Grounds. Image mounted on linen.
On image: "Science Bldg., Ann Arbor. Aug 11, 1914. Irwin + Leighton."