University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
Folder / Container / Volume
# 9732 - 3, fr
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Front Row: Pam Wright, Mary Ann Daviera, Lynn Vismara, Nan Payne, Martha Rogers, Lisa Juzysta, April Bagley, Beth Mueller, Kim Funk
Back row: head coach Carol Hutchins, Mari Foster, Bridget Venturi, Vicki Morrow, Sarah Dyksterhouse, Michelle Bolster, Julie Clark, Jennifer Allard, Alicia Seegert, Assistant Coach Maria Resendez, Manager Jean Waters
Martha Cook Building interior, Lobby between the two parlors, woman sitting in nook reading
Martha Cook Building (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Martha Cook building.
Box / Drawer
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Construction begun in 1911, completed 1914. Located on a block between South University Avenue and Tappan Avenue. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Land to the east of the original building site (the old Condon home) was purchased in 1918 as a garden area.
Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City. Statue of Portia above door was sculpted in marble in the Piccirilli Studio, N.Y.; donated by Cook in 1918.