UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Vera Baits Houses. no. 309
Swanson Associates, architecture firm. Co-ed student housing. Originally named Cedar Bend House II, later renamed after Vera Burridge Baits. Baits II was occupied in 1967 and has five houses named after Katherine Ellis Coman, Lucile Bailey Conger, Arthur Lyon Cross, Hugo Paul Thieme, and Alexander Ziwet. Baits II was renovated in 2012.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Dental Building (1908). No. 168
Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. Construction began in 1906 and was completed in 1908. An addition to the north side (rear) of the building was built from 1922-1923. The building, which faced North University Avenue, was removed in 1970 to facilitate construction of a new Dental School Building.
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
Image shows opening game of enlarged Michigan Stadium, attendance 111,012. View from the north.