Planting sketch. Estate of O.C. Doering Esquire; River Forest, Illinois
Jens Jensen drawings and papers
Jensen, Jens, 1860-1951.
Box / Drawer
Ink on linen. Indicates location, type, amount of plantings, walkways, pool, council ring, tennis court, etc. Signature below title partially erased. 65 cm. x 89 cm. Scale: 1"=20' [from photographic copy by Lance Burgharrdt]
Jordan & Anderson, architecture firm. The Law Building was built in 1863 on the corner of State Street and North University Avenue. In 1863 it was occupied by the Law School, the University Chapel (until 1873) and the General Library (until 1883). Renovated and enlarged in 1893 and then again in 1898 by architects Spier and Rohn of Detroit, Michigan who removed the tower and added a new south wing. Renamed Haven Hall in 1933 when the Law School moved to Hutchins Hall in the Law Quadrangle. Haven Hall then became one of the major buildings of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, with space given to the Departments of History, Sociology, Journalism, and the Bureau of Government and its library collection. Extension Division also had offices in Haven Hall. The building was destroyed by fire in 1950.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
School of Music Building on North Campus (photo by UM News Service, neg. # 3523)
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
282: Campus Buildings, School of Music Building (North Campus)
Eero Saarinen, architect. The building, located on the university's North Campus, was completed in 1964 and originally called the School of Music Building. In 1975, the name was changed to the Earl V. Moore Building after the former dean of the School of Music. The Margaret Dow Towsley Center, an addition to the Moore Building, was dedicated in 1985.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Clarence C. Little Science Bldg. no. 157
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Built in 1923-1925 at the junction of East University and Washtenaw Avenues, east of the Old Medical Building. Originally called East Medical Building and the name changed to Clarence Cook Little Science Building in 1970.