Detroit Observatory (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Detroit Observatory.
Folder / Container / Volume
Stephen Graham slides
Photographer / Artist
Richard Harrison Bull, architect. Building completed in the summer of 1854. Residence wing for the director added in 1868, expanded in 1905-1906, and finally removed to facilitate the enlargement of Couzens Hall in 1954. East wing, with a larger dome and a more powerful telescope, begun in 1908 and completed in 1909; torn down in 1976. Named "The Detroit Observatory of the University of Michigan" until 1931 when it was changed to "The Observatory of the University of Michigan." In 1999, the name was officially changed to "The University of Michigan Detroit Observatory."
Grounds of Benj. F. J. Odell, Esq. Kenilworth, Illinois.
Jens Jensen drawings and papers
Jensen, Jens, 1860-1951.
Box / Drawer
Ink on linen; planting plan, with location, type, amounts of plantings; gardens, seats; most amounts crossed out in pencil and revised; signed. 56x30 cm. Scale: 1"=10' [from photographic copy by Lance Burgharrdt]