Crowd and view of press in Michigan Stadium at 1936 Indiana game
Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: Sports: Football, 1928-1932
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
Section through centerline of gardens. Estate of Mr. Edsel B. Ford, Gaukler Pointe, MI, June 1927 (includes picking garden, playground, tennis court, shelter, swimming pool, falls and canal) (Sheet E-7) [FOE-17]