University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: West Engineering Auto Lab
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
The first Automotive Engineering Laboratory building was completed in 1937. A second building, designed by architect Giffels & Vallet, was completed in 1955 and renamed in honor of Professor Walter E. Lay in 1974.