Grounds of Benj. F. J. Odell, Esq. Kenilworth, Illinois.
Jens Jensen drawings and papers
Jensen, Jens, 1860-1951.
Box / Drawer
Ink on linen; planting plan, with location, type, amounts of plantings; gardens, seats; most amounts crossed out in pencil and revised; signed. 56x30 cm. Scale: 1"=10' [from photographic copy by Lance Burgharrdt]
Observatory is near Lake Angelus, Michigan (five miles north of Pontiac). 24" reflecting telescope began operations in July 1930; also included a 10 1/2" reflector. Established and deeded to the University of Michigan by Robert R. McMath, Francis McMath, and Judge Henry S. Hulbert. An additional 50' tower telescope was added in 1935/1946 and 70' tower telescope and office building added in 1940.
On verso: "Kodatone; Nov - 7 1935; Eastman Kodak Stores; Detroit."
Harris Hall, first called Hobart Hall, was built by the St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in 1886 for the Hobart Guild of Episcopal students. In 1946 the building was leased to the University of Michigan for use of the Band and Wind instrument departments of the School of Music. Located on the northwest corner of State and Huron.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.