Woman standing in front of Adelia Cheever House, Ann Arbor, Mich, 1923
Ruth Miller photograph album.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
The first Cheever House, located at 516 East Madison Ave., was opened as a women's residence in 1921. In 1949, the structure was razed to make way for the South Quadrangle. In 1947 however, the university purchased the home of Walter Mack at 730 Haven St., which was designated as the new Adelia Cheever House in the fall of 1949.