UM Football, 1962 vs Nebraska, members of 1917 team that beat Nebraska honored at half-time
The Michigan alumnus
The Michigan Alumnus
Folder / Container / Volume
Vol. LXIX. Oct. 1962, p. 27
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
[Alumnus Magazine caption: back in 1917 Michigan whipped a favored Nebraska 20-0. Among veterans of the game who returned to Michigan Stadium and were honored in half-time ceremonies were:( L: to R) Lowell Genebach, Joseph Hanish, Gerald Froemke, Clifford Sparks, Archie Weston, and Captain Cedric (Pat) Smith.]
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Construction begun in 1911, completed 1914. Located on a block between South University Avenue and Tappan Avenue. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Land to the east of the original building site (the old Condon home) was purchased in 1918 as a garden area.
Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City. Statue of Portia above door was sculpted in marble in the Piccirilli Studio, N.Y.; donated by Cook in 1918.