On verso: A picnic for some visiting friends; Going to camp on the Au Sable & Northwestern RR. Henry Martyn Loud, Mary L. Gay, his daughter, Jim Tally, Edwin F. Gay, Edward F. Loud, Henry Nelson Loud, Mrs. Connine, Mrs. Greene Pack? or Grace Pack, Miss Marian Loud, Mrs. J.B. Tuttle, Edwin F. Holmes, Harriet Holmes, Helen Holmes, Olive Holmes, George A. Loud, Greene Pack, Jack Millen, Emerson Smith
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
Image shows view of the outside of the stadium from the east.