Michigan Stadium Crowd, UM football vs Ohio State, 1997
Robert Kalmbach photographs
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: 1997 OSU, #7 fr. 16
Photographer / Artist
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
[L-R: George Babcock, Sam Babcock, Bob Brown capt., Sid Dewey, Bill Flora, Ben Friedman, Fred fuller, Charles Grube, Louie Gilbert, George Hawkins, , Ben Oosterbaan (obscured), Fred Parker; Dutch Stamman, Wally Weber]