UBImusE27b. Folder:University of Michigan and World War II, Army Units, Army Specialized Training Program. no. 361
Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
UBImusE225. Folder: Special Events: Freshman Sophomore Rush. no. 350
Male students with their faces painted and chests inscribed to read Michigan 1911. These students are surrounded by other students in suits and ties. There is brief message on the verso of the postcard.