- Rear of Detroit Observatory, 1930s?
- Collection Title
- Ivory Photo photograph collection
- Collection Creator
- Ivory Photo (Firm)
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Buildings - Observatory
- Richard Harrison Bull, architect. Building completed in the summer of 1854. Residence wing for the director added in 1868, expanded in 1905-1906, and finally removed to facilitate the enlargement of Couzens Hall in 1954. East wing, with a larger dome and a more powerful telescope, begun in 1908 and completed in 1909; torn down in 1976. Named "The Detroit Observatory of the University of Michigan" until 1931 when it was changed to "The Observatory of the University of Michigan." In 1999, the name was officially changed to "The University of Michigan Detroit Observatory."
- Observatory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Astronomical observatories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- Original Neg
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-15 01:18:33
32285 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio