Hill Auditorium Exterior / HS9276
About this Item
- Hill Auditorium Exterior
- Collection Title
- Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Hill Auditorium, Alumni Association - Buildings
- Photographer / Artist
- Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
- Hill Auditorium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Auditoriums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 7 x 9 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 05:40:04
- Image Size
- 5424 x 4245
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal pbulicity rights. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Hill Auditorium Exterior; HS9276". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs9276/hs9276. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed March 26, 2023.