Students seated in Law Library Reading Room - photo by Bob Kalmbach / HS9040
About this Item
- Students seated in Law Library Reading Room - photo by Bob Kalmbach
- Collection Title
- Vice-President for Development and Communication (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Vice-President for Development.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Photos, Law Quad
- Photographer / Artist
- Kalmbach, Robert
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The William W. Cook Legal Research Building (also known as the Legal Research Library or Law Library) was completed in 1931, the third of the four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. In 1955, the original six level stackroom was increased to ten levels. The underground Allan F. and Alene Smith Law Library Addition designed by Gunnar Birkerts Associates was completed in 1981. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
- Legal Research Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Students
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Reading rooms--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 9.5 x 7.7 inches photo print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 05:59:15
- Image Size
- 4659 x 5718
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Students seated in Law Library Reading Room - photo by Bob Kalmbach; HS9040". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs9040/hs9040. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 09, 2022.