Catherine Street Hospitals / "Old University Hospital," ca. 1900 (?) / HS8543
About this Item
- Catherine Street Hospitals / "Old University Hospital," ca. 1900 (?)
- 1900 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- School of Nursing Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. School of Nursing. Alumni Association.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Photographs, hospitals, University of Michigan (23)
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. Two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; the eastern building had a rounded north facade). From 1900-1925, the western building housed the West Medical Ward and the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward. The western building was destroyed by fire in 1927 and the eastern building was removed in 1965. From 1891-1897, a small building between the two hospitals was used as a heating plant. In 1898, this building was renovated and served as a nurses residence until 1916.
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- Surgical Ward (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1891-1900
- West Medical Ward (University of Michigan)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 4.7 x 8.9 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-16 00:57:05
- Image Size
- 5397 x 2840
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Catherine Street Hospitals / "Old University Hospital," ca. 1900 (?); HS8543". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs8543/hs8543. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 29, 2022.