Hill Auditorium, ca. 1916 / HS7822
About this Item
- Hill Auditorium, ca. 1916
- Collection Title
- Lawrence Stevens Roehm photograph collection [electronic resource].
- Collection Creator
- Roehm, Lawrence Stevens, 1893-1958.
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
- Hill Auditorium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1911-1920
- Auditoriums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 1.5 x 2.4 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 04:34:20
- Image Size
- 1443 x 919
- File Size
- 86 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Hill Auditorium, ca. 1916; HS7822". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs7822/hs7822. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 01, 2022.