- Frank Mitchell, carillon mechanic (UM sheet metal & machine shop) among Burton Tower bells
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Buildings, Burton Tower
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Tower dedicated on December 4, 1936. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
- Baird Carillon (University of Michigan)
- Burton Tower (University of Michigan)
- Bell towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Carillons--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 9.4 x 6.5 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 00:57:53
32285 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio