Woman sketching law library / HS4823
About this Item
- Woman sketching law library
- Collection Title
- Law School (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Law School.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- (1) Law Quad Scenes
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The William W. Cook Legal Research Building (also known as the Legal Research Library or Law Library) was completed in 1931, the third of the four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. In 1955, the original six level stackroom was increased to ten levels. The underground Allan F. and Alene Smith Law Library Addition designed by Gunnar Birkerts Associates was completed in 1981. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
- Legal Research Building (University of Michigan)
- Law Quadrangle (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Drawing--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 9.4 x 7.5 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 07:12:52
- Image Size
- 4533 x 5690
- File Size
- 704 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Woman sketching law library; HS4823". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs4823/hs4823. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 09, 2022.