Law Quad under construction, taken from the second story of the Club building inside the quadrangle, showing tower. August 8, 1924. / HS4822
About this Item
- Law Quad under construction, taken from the second story of the Club building inside the quadrangle, showing tower. August 8, 1924.
- Collection Title
- Law School (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Law School.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- (2) Views 1923-24, showing multiple phases of construction of quadrangle
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Given to the university by William W. Cook, the four original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; the Legal Research Building, 1931; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. The Legal Research Building included the original library. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
- Law Quadrangle (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Building--1921-1930
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 9.6 x 7.0 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-16 02:56:08
- Image Size
- 4230 x 5762
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Law Quad under construction, taken from the second story of the Club building inside the quadrangle, showing tower. August 8, 1924.; HS4822". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs4822/hs4822. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 07, 2022.