Bird's-eye view of Detroit Observatory with dirt roads / HS4138
About this Item
- Bird's-eye view of Detroit Observatory with dirt roads
- Collection Title
- Observatory (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Observatory.
- Richard Harrison Bull, architect. Building completed in the summer of 1854. Residence wing for the director added in 1868, expanded in 1905-1906, and finally removed to facilitate the enlargement of Couzens Hall in 1954. East wing, with a larger dome and a more powerful telescope, begun in 1908 and completed in 1909; torn down in 1976. Named "The Detroit Observatory of the University of Michigan" until 1931 when it was changed to "The Observatory of the University of Michigan." In 1999, the name was officially changed to "The University of Michigan Detroit Observatory."
- Detroit Observatory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Astronomical observatories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial views;
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 7.2 x 9.1 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 06:31:02
- Image Size
- 5484 x 4326
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Bird's-eye view of Detroit Observatory with dirt roads; HS4138". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs4138/hs4138. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 02, 2022.