- Students sitting on grass in front of Hatcher Library, ca. 1967 (Negative #5)
- 1967 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Sesquicentennial Office (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Sesquicentennial Office.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- 17 Law Library, Campus Scenes
- Architects are Albert Kahn of Detroit, in consultation with William Warner Bishop, the first head librarian of the new building. Built between 1916 and 1920 on the site of the old library. The new building incorporated two fireproof book stacks built in 1898 from the older building. Additional stacks were built at right angles to old stacks between 1916-1918 by Selden Breck contractors. In 1918 the old library was demolished and a new front (north facade) was attached to the 1893 stacks and the stacks built in 1916-1917. This was referred to as the (New) General Library until the south stack addition was built in 1967-1970 and the entire library building was named the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library.
- Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1961-1970
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 2.1 x 2.1 inches Original Neg
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2017-09-15 15:10:11
32032 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio