- Architectural drawing, Alumni Memorial Hall first floor, 7/25/27
- Collection Title
- Buildings and Grounds Dept. (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Buildings and Grounds Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Alumni Memorial Hall, Architectural Drawing, 1927
- Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949. The Museum of Art moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit.
- Alumni Memorial Hall (University of Michigan)
- Architecture--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Architectural drawings;
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 10.7 x 15.8 inches Architectural drawing
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-16 00:02:09
32712 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio